Everybody has that favorite hero he always admired and looked up to, right? However, nobody has ever thought that there is an opportunity to be your favorite superhero, or even any superhero, but guess what, there is! What is Halloween for than for being whatever you want without being judged for it? Halloween costumes should express that side of your personality you do not usually get to express, but they should not be complicated, costly or difficult to wear. And even more fun, you can turn into your dream superhero for that one day wearing your favorite superhero costumes.
It is ideal to dress light yet unique for Halloween, but if you do not have any ideas, you need to draw inspiration from somewhere! What better choice than your favorite superhero? How about you impersonate him or her this year? If you do not have a favorite character yet, you should check out the list above and you may get a few interesting ideas! There is a great idea for anyone, both men and women, so keep on reading.
The Batman Costume
Who did not love Batman, or at least admired him for his bad-ass style? How can you become Batman? Simple! Get a black leotard, some black leggings or simple a black body suit; Design your mask, use a black tablecloth on the shoulders and use a golden belt around the waist. Done!
The Storm Costume
If you watched the X-Men, then you must admire Storm for her strength and power. How about be Storm this Halloween? You do not need much clothing, but a good piece of attitude! Get a black leotard, just like in the Batman costume, and also some black leggings or black body suit. You can also go for the leather leggings; Get your hair temporarily purple if you can, and do not forget creating the X on your costume. You can make it out of aluminum foil. You can also add a pair of gloves to complete your look!
The Violet Costume
Violet from “The Incredibles” is one of the most admired characters! You can impersonate her on Halloween quite easy and fast. Get some red thighs, add a red shirt and get a pair of black undies to put over the leggings. You can also go for a pair of black shorts if you need more coverage. Print “The Incredibles” logo and stick it on your chest. Cut some eye holes into an elastic headband, preferably black and put it on your face. Add a pair of black boots and you are done!
The Catwoman Costume
The Catwoman costume is maybe the easiest one to create as a girl. Plus, is loved by everybody, so you will be a true hit at the party!
Dress all in black, by wearing some black thighs and a black shirt. Get a mask or use the mask created for “The Incredibles” costume. Design the years yourself or but some years from the Halloween stores. You can create the years by simply getting some black paper and cut it into the form of cat ears and tape it on a headband. Add some red lipstick in and you are done!
The Wonder Woman Costume
The Wonder Woman is another beloved superhero, and you can try to be her, considering the costume is not very difficult to obtain. You need a pair of white star shorts, a red body suit and a gold belt. Add some flowing hair to it. Do not forget to cuff on each wrist!
The Rogue Costume
This is maybe the easiest costume you can create from scratch. All you need is a black costume, preferably leather, and a wig, preferably a grey or white one.
The Invisible Woman Costume
If you want to go for this character, then you should pay attention to the details below:
1. You will need a long sleeved shirt, preferably blue, and some blue thighs
2. You will also need black belt, gloves, boots and circle scarf. Done!
Since these are all great costumes ideas, here are some tips to help you create them much easier:
- Choose simple colors, without any sparkle, etc.
- Create your mask by using paper, tin foil and tape, papier mache, etc.
- Never forget about your cape, is one of the most important assets of a superhero. You can use as a cape about any old fabric you have around the house
- If you want to go bold, you should get some colored boots, such as yellow or red. You will make a great statement and really rock the Halloween party!
- If your Halloween party is held inside, you can replace the boots with some sport soccer socks , colored as well, of course
- If you are a true superhero, you will need some accessories for the character you want to copy. If you are a medieval hero, you will need a shield and a sword. It truly depends on your character, but do not leave your accessories at home!